Fertility Acupuncture in Melbourne
Dr. Jim Xing has been offering fertility and pregnancy acupuncture in Melbourne for many years and can help you on the road to good health and conception.
What is infertility?
Infertility is usually defined as the inability to conceive or carry a child even though the couple has had a normal sexual life without contraception for 12 months, or remains infertile 12 months after their last pregnancy.
What causes infertility?
Fertility is a very complex process and the following conditions must be met for it to be successful:
• The woman must be able to ovulate and the man needs to be able to produce adequate quantities of sperm.
• Both the egg and the sperm must be healthy.
• The egg and sperm must be able to meet and integrate in the fallopian tubes to form an embryo. The embryo must then be successfully sent to the uterus and implanted in the lining of the uterus before pregnancy will begin.
Common causes of infertility in women
Anything wrong in these areas will obstruct the pregnancy. The causes of infertility could be the woman’s problem, the man’s or both. At either of our Melbourne clinics, we can determine the cause of your issue and treat it with fertility and pregnancy acupuncture.
In women, the most frequent causes of infertility include:
- The obstruction of ovulation.
- Endometriosis, a condition that causes abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue, often causing scarring and inflammation in the reproductive organs.
- Blockage of the fallopian tubes. This is often caused by endometriosis or scarring following infections such as pelvic inflammatory diseases, or sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhoea.
- Womb tumour or scarring that prevents fertilised eggs from implanting.
- Hostile mucus at the cervix that doesn’t allow sperm to get though into uterus.
- Hormonal imbalances (e.g. pituitary failure, thyroid disturbance, adrenal hyperplasia, insufficient oestrogens, luteal phase defect).
- Organic or functional disease of the genitals, which obstruct the travel of sperm.
- Low sperm count, as well as poor sperm quality (e.g. poor sperm motility, morphology and DNA integrity) which not only impacts the chances of pregnancy, but directly affects the health of a potential child.
In both men and women:
- Lack of knowledge on sexual life
- Stress caused by pressure and worries
- Immune factors: some women may have an immune reaction to their partner’s sperm which causes them to produce antibodies that kill sperm cells
What treatment for infertility can you have?
Western medicine typically treats fertility issues and implantation, such as endometriosis, adhesions, and uterine fibroids, surgically. Ovulation problems due to endocrine disorders are treated with hormone therapy using synthetic hormones to supply whatever is deficient or missing. If infertility is due to infections of the reproductive tract (e.g. hostile mucous), these are treated with antibiotics.
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF), gamete-intra-fallopian transfer (GIFT), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), and intrauterine insemination (IUI) has improved greatly in recent years and an increasing number of couples have benefited from the scientific advances. However, these are invasive, expensive, and frequently emotionally dissatisfactory.
Nowadays, more and more Melbourne couples are turning to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and fertility acupuncture, either as a standalone treatment, or in conjunction with their Western treatments to improve their chances of conceiving and delivering healthy babies.
What can pregnancy acupuncture do for you?
If you do have difficulty getting pregnant, fertility and pregnancy acupuncture are very effective alternative treatments. TCM has successfully treated many cases of both female and male infertility.
How does TCM help treat infertility?
Fertility and pregnancy acupuncture in our Melbourne clinic can help treat infertility in many ways:
- Stimulating the flow of intrinsic energy in the body, enhancing the blood circulation to the pelvic region and benefits vital organ function, and improving the general wellbeing and constitution of the body
- Improving the function of ovaries to allow the development of better quality eggs and embryos
- Balancing hormones
- Strengthening the immune system
- Relieving stress, depression and anxiety
- Reducing the side effects of chemical drugs
- Improving sperm quantity and quality for men
- Improving sex function for couples
- Sustaining pregnancy and preventing miscarriages.
How we can help
Excellent results have been achieved in treating infertility through using fertility acupuncture and Chinese medicine. With over 30 years practice, Dr. Jim Xing have accumulated a rich amount of experience in treating different kinds of infertility in Melbourne. He has helped couples with the following conditions successfully conceive naturally:
- Unexplained infertility
- Secondary infertility
- Abnormal periods
- Poor egg quality
- Obstruction of ovulation
- PCOS, endometriosis
- Uterus fibroids
- High FSH
- High prolactin
- Luteal phase deficiency
- Low sperm count
- Abnormal sperm morphology
- Multiple miscarriages
His success rate in treating infertility is extremely high. It is not uncommon for couples to conceive naturally before IVF while having fertility acupuncture and Chinese herbs with Dr. Xing in our Melbourne clinic as IVF support treatment, or even after multiple failed IVF cycles.
Because the causes of infertility can be very complicated, the key to the treatment of this condition is to carry out a comprehensive examination on both the man and woman, to find the cause. Dr. Jim Xing will assess your condition and give you advice on your treatment plan depending on your individual circumstances (age, general health, gynaecological conditions, etc.).
Dr. Xing’s goal is to offer Melbourne patients new hope through natural, holistic fertility and pregnancy acupuncture treatment and gynaecological care, bringing experience and compassion to your quest to conceive and help your dream come true!
Helped at the centre:
Fertility acupuncture is widely renowned for its effectiveness in helping treat infertility, especially in cases where other treatments have not worked as intended. At our Melbourne clinic, Dr. Xing has treated a very large number of patients suffering from infertility with, most of them being able to successfully conceive after pregnancy and fertility acupuncture, including many who have had a history of repeated IVF failures, or other conditions such as PCOS and endometriosis.
One lady had been having trouble falling pregnant, and had tried several methods, but to no avail. She had undergone two procedures of IUI, but this didn’t help either. Seeing no other alternative, the patient considered undergoing IVF treatment. After visiting our Melbourne clinic for support treatment, Dr. Xing used fertility acupuncture and Chinese herbs to help with her condition. Within months, she had managed to conceive naturally before even undergoing IVF. She has now given birth to a very healthy baby boy.
A patient had been suffering from infertility associated with irregular periods, uterus fibroids and thyroid cysts. She decided to visit the Evergreen Chinese Medical Centre in Caulfield and Chadstone to seek treatment. After three months of Chinese herbal treatment, her menstrual cycle had returned to normal, and she fell pregnant soon after.
Another Melbourne patient with endometriosis had been trying to fall pregnant for two years, without success. After several courses of prescribed fertility drugs and surgical procedures didn’t help the condition, she thought that IVF would be the only option left to try. One day, a friend recommended that she visit our clinic and she decided to seek Dr. Xing’s treatment for her condition. After just one menstrual cycle, or four weeks of treatment, she had fallen pregnant.
Make your appointment today
If you are looking for something that will help you conceive either naturally or via IVF, try our fertility and pregnancy acupuncture treatments in Melbourne. We are dedicated to helping you achieve the health and wellness you desire. Call our Frankston clinic on 9785 6688 or Murrumbeena on 9041 8879 to book an appointment today.