Dr. Kevin Li
Dr. Li is a registered Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbalist with the Chinese Medicine Registration Board Australia, and a member of Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture Society of Australia (CMASA).
With nearly 20 years of clinical experience, Dr. Li was a traditional Chinese medical doctor and an attending physician in China. He worked at Fuzhou Chinese Medical Hospital after graduated from Beijing University of Chinese medicine, and opened his own medical center later.
Dr. Li furthered his studies at Beijing Chinese Medical Hospital in 2012, and studied under Puren He, who is currently one of the top medical professionals in China, to further improve his skills in diagnosis and treatment.
During his time in Fuzhou Chinese Medical Hospital, he also studied under the Hospital director, Professor Tancun Sun, who is a well-known gynaecologist in China, and mastered many aspects of gynaecology from him.
Dr. Li has an interest in the usage of natural herbs and ingredients to ensure minimal negative side effects, and to allow a near painless and treatment for his patients without compromising on the entire treatment procedure.
Dr. Li is a registered Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbalist with the Chinese Medicine Registration Board Australia, and a member of Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA).
Dr. Li has experience in the following areas:
- Pain: headaches, rhinalgia, toothache, trigeminal neuralgia, neck pain, chest pain, stomachache, shoulder & lower back pain, lumbago, body ache, sciatica, numbness or pain caused by external injuries or surgeries.
- Orthopedics: cervical vertebra problem, tenosynovitis, prolapse of lumbar intervertebral disc, lumbar spondylolisthesis, hyperosteogeny, osteoporosis, arthritis, stiff neck, frozen shoulder, lumbar sprain, chronic lumbar muscle strain, and tennis elbow.
- Gynecological diseases: acute mastitis, hyperplasia, dysmenorrhea, menstrual disorders, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, cervicitis, annexitis, low libido, and infertility.
- Neurological and psychiatric disorders: depression, insomnia, vertigo (Meniere’s syndrome), migraine, intercostal neuralgia, sequelae of cerebrovascular accident (stroke sequelae), facial paralysis (Bell’s palsy), deafness, tinnitus, trigeminal neuralgia.
- Other: acute and chronic bronchitis, acute and chronic tonsillitis, a variety of chronic gastritis, ulcer, duodenal ulcer, ccolitis, piles, hypertension, coronary heart disease, fatty liver, edema, male sexual dysfunction, prostatic hyperplasia, varicose veins, gallstone, urinary stones, ADHD, anorexia, growth retardation of children, acute and chronic rhinitis, hay fever, snoring, shingles, wart, subcutaneous lipoma, acne, freckles and melasma, eczema, pruritus, loss of vision, and obesity.
Dr. Li utilises the following healing methods:
- Acupuncture (needles and moxibustion)
- Chinese medicine (herbs, herbal concentrates particles, Chinese medicine powder, tablets)
- Liquid coated therapy, Posted plaster therapy
- Diet therapy (formulating diets with the aim of assisting in the treatment of disease or improving terminal health conditions based on different syndromes)
- Chinese Massotherapy
- Exercise therapy