Dr. Jim Xing has been offering fertility and pregnancy acupuncture in Melbourne for many years and may be able to assist you on the road to good health and conception.
What is infertility?
Infertility is usually defined as the inability to conceive or carry a child even though the couple has had a normal sexual life without contraception for 12 months, or remains infertile 12 months after their last pregnancy.
What can cause infertility?
Fertility is a very complex process and the following conditions must be met for it to be successful:
- The woman must be able to ovulate and the man needs to be able to produce adequate quantities of sperm.
- Both the egg and the sperm must be healthy.
- The egg and sperm must be able to meet and integrate in the fallopian tubes to form a zygote. The zygote must then be successfully sent to and implanted in the lining of the uterus before pregnancy will begin.
Anything wrong in these areas will obstruct the pregnancy. The underlying causes of infertility may stem from the female, male, or both. At either of our acupuncture Melbourne clinics, we may be able to assist in determining the cause for the issue and treat it with acupuncture.
In women, the most frequent causes of infertility include:
- The obstruction of ovulation.
- Endometriosis, a condition that causes abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue, often causing scarring and inflammation in the reproductive organs.
- Blockage of the fallopian tubes. This is often caused by endometriosis or scarring following infections such as pelvic inflammatory diseases, or sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhoea.
- Womb tumour or scarring that prevents fertilised eggs from implanting.
- Hostile mucus at the cervix that doesn’t allow sperm to get though into uterus.
- Hormonal imbalances (e.g. pituitary failure, thyroid disturbance, adrenal hyperplasia, insufficient oestrogens, luteal phase defect).
- Organic or functional disease of the genitals, which obstruct the travel of sperm.
- Low sperm count, as well as poor sperm quality (e.g. poor sperm motility, morphology and DNA integrity) which not only impacts the chances of pregnancy, but directly affects the health of a potential child.
How TCM may help
Fertility and pregnancy acupuncture in our Melbourne clinic may help to assist infertility in many ways:
- Stimulating the flow of intrinsic energy in the body, enhancing the blood circulation to the pelvic region and benefits vital organ function, and improving the general wellbeing and constitution of the body
- Balancing hormones
- Strengthening the immune system
- Relieving stress, depression and anxiety
- Improving sperm quantity and quality for men
- Improving sex function for couples
How we can help
Due to the causes of infertility being very complicated, the key to the treatment of this condition is to carry out a comprehensive examination on both the man and woman to find the cause. Dr. Jim Xing will assess your condition and give you advice on your treatment plan depending on your individual circumstances (age, general health, gynaecological conditions, etc.).
Dr. Xing’s goal is to offer Melbourne patients hope through natural, holistic fertility, pregnancy acupuncture treatment and gynaecological care, bringing experience and compassion to your quest to conceive.
Book your appointment today
We are dedicated to helping you achieve the health and wellness you desire. Call our Frankston clinic on 9785 6688 or Murrumbeena on 9041 8879 to book an appointment today.